Antique Casolare dating back to the ‘800s
An unusual and unique opportunity to purchase an historical building located near Cisternino, in Contrada di Figazzano. The property dates back to the 800s and is built entirely in stone.
There are two parts to the property; the main building and the garage.
In the main property, the oldest part, there are a number of rooms as follows:
kitchen in good condition
The property features ceilings which are barrel shaped. At the entrance to the property there is a large square.
The garage is approximately 38 metres square, large enough for two cars. There is also an additional room of approximately 18 square metres in size.
The property comes with land of 4000 square metres which has a number of trees of which some are olive.
A unique opportunity to create a holiday home or B&B as the property has retained a number of its original antique characteristics.
- Maintaining the uniqueness and the originality of this property is essential to any restoration works - this is the Valle d'Itria and a conservation area so the restoration of the main house is possible without changing is characterful outlook
- The vaulted ceilings inside could be restored to show the stone beneath
- Expose some of the niches also of stone
- maintain mainly plaster white walls
- Re-flooring throughout
- New kitchen and bathroom
- update of the wiring and electrical system
- heating options to consider whether gas or pellet stove or both?
- water heating system with solar panels
- the long corridor is going to be the greatest challenge!
- the other buildings could be a good size third bedroom with ensuite if not two!