2 Bed Stone built cottage with Trulli
Please quote reference when making an enquiry. Ref. CM020REC
Casolare built in the local “tuffo” stone with flat roof. The property is located in the countryside of Martina Franca, about 5 km from the town centre. The property is in good condition and consists of the following:
Next to the property is a small Trulli complex (one cone and two alcoves) currently used as a store room.
Land of about 6.000 sqmts with olive and fruit trees.
The bricks and mortar are there but this cottage needs some TLC to take away the squareness and long rectangular façade.
- perhaps remove some of the external plasterwork to show the stone work beneath.
- Equally the property is for summer living, no heating as such. The fireplace could be adapted to incorporate a wood burner, connected to radiators. Or for a cheaper source of fuel, a pellet stove inserted.
- Also consider a boiler to be connected to the wood/pellet stove.
- Solar panels on that nice flat roof for plenty of hot water!
- Windows do not give enough light as they are small in relation to the property size so I would be inclined to ask for permission to make double french windows. Equally shade is a problem, hence the size of windows.
- A gazebo lean to, would soften the outer aspect.
- New kitchen required.
All suggestions or works of any kind that alter the existing structure are subject to permissions being granted by the authorities. We can help with enquiries at the local council offices and equally assist in managing any improvements.