In collaboration with Polignano Made in Love
For all bookings or enquiries contact us at
Discover the coastal town and environs of Polignano a Mare with specialist guides from the area.
The Mezzo Tour of Polignano a Mare
The half day outing has three suggested itineraries
1 – The Rickshaw Experience, the Boat excursion and a tasting of local products
2 - Bike Excursion to inclde wine tasting
3 - The Ape 'Tuk Tuk' Experience, Boat Excursion, to finish off with a wine tasting/local products tasting
The Massimo Tour of Polignano a Mare
The full day tour has two suggested itineraries -
1 – the Ape 'Tuk Tuk' Experience, followed by a Boat Excursion and Farm Visit to include Olive oil and wine tasting
2 – the Ape 'Tuk Tuk' Experience, Boat Excursion and Cooking Class
Send any enquiries to → email@example.com
The Rickshaw Experience and Travel Companion
An original mode of travel for site seeing is with the rickshaw - risciò! Ecological and fun! Take in the main sites of the old town, the squares and picturesque views of the coast of the Adriatic.
The guide will ensure you discover the secrets of Polignano at first hand, meeting the locals along the way.
• Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Need to park and meet up – destination advised nearer date of booking
• Not recommended for travellers with back problems
• Not recommended for pregnant travellers
• The rickshaw can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child from 2 to 12 years old
• Most travellers can participate
• This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
• The rickshaw tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travellers
The Ape 'Tuk Tuk' Experience
An exciting and fun way to do a day trip of Polignano a Mare – An Ape (or Bee) is a 3-wheeled commercial vehicle manufactured by the producers of the Vespa and is usually used by the local farmers to travel down the narrow country lanes. They are highly practical but the motor sounds like a high-pitched bee buzzing through the countryside!
Five Tours available by the Ape
Countryside – Coastal Route – Conversano Culture – Farm or Wine Experience
The Countryside by Ape
- you can see the countryside of Polignano driving through the olive orchards, passing the elegant masseria and small churches spread throughout. Take in an olive oil tasting at the end of the tour. Great fun also for young children. The entire trip takes around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The Coast by Ape
- Or try the Ape ride along the coast visiting fishing ports, bays and inlets – Allow one hour for this trip.
The Conversano Culture Trip by Ape
- Taking in the rural route along the ‘ancient Norba’ from San Vito to Conversano, following twisted and narrow medieval streets with stops at the Norman Castle, the Monastery of St. Benedict, and Acheological Museum.
The Wine Experience by Ape
- When in Puglia, you must take in a wine tasting experience, and what could be more original than by Ape. This trip is concentrated around San Vito which takes in the beauty of the Saracen Tower and the Benedictine Abbey along route. Wine tasting can be very time consuming so best to allow a round trip time of around 3 hours.
The Farm Experience by Ape
- allows you to discover the wines and the olive oil together. The visit includes an old fortified farmhouse, in a 7 hectares olive grove. After having been guided through the traditions of the farmer’s lifestyle, you’ll be able to taste the fruits of his labour -wine and olive oil tasting. Allow for a 3 - hour round trip.
Polignano by Bike – Ecological and great exercise for all the family
Boating Experiences - a memorable and magical experiece with great photo opportunities
SUP Experience! - This is just so much fun!
Keeping your feet on terra firma!
– Food is at the heart of Puglia life, and we wouldn’t want it any other way. After cooking classes are over, take your apron off and enjoy the fruits of your hard work. Classes take from 2 – 4 hours.
- Cooking classes in the old town
- Cooking classes on the farm
- Cooking classes at the lab. - traditional orecchiette pasta making
Wine Tasting at the Winery
Evidently this would be an amazing trip organised in conjunction with transport with an ape! It would certainly entertain the crowds and make for great photos on your Instagram account!
We offer different levels of wine tasting, enquire with us to create your bespoke wine tasting journey in Polignano a Mare, Puglia!
Olive Oil Tasting at an Olive Mill
Visiting an olive mill whilst they are producing the olive oil is the best time to experience olive oil tasting however for those who cannot be here during the harvest, November, we do have alternative solutions!
You can still visit an olive mill to understand its workings and taste like the experts but the odour that abounds in a mill which is in production can never be reproduced unless it’s real time!